Google

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Web base IM

I'm failing to see how converting messaging into Web application is a great idea. How taking a small application and tie it into my browser makes it better to me as the end user? It seems to me like it is actually less comfortable.

I played with the application meebo and realized that most of the advantages of the messaging applications achieved long ago do not exist in this application: you are notified of message only by having the browser window open etc.

Maybe Jeff Nolan is right when he claims that messaging it the new hot thing I just don't see why. From a user point of view I couldn't care less about the AJaX, or any other programming technique, I only care if its make my life more comfortable - and its not.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

More blogs about Rogel's blog.